Effective date 8th
This website www.stepneyworkersclub.com is operated by S.W.C. Stepney Workers Club Limited.
S.W.C. Stepney Workers Club Limited is the data controlled and can be contacted at:
+44 2034 10729
Street, London, EC2A 4PA.
- The personal data that we collect.
- Use of the collected data.
- Who has access to the collected data.
- The rights of site; and
Protecting your data is very important to S.W.C. Stepney Workers Club Limited ("S.W.C", "us" or "we"). To better protect your privacy and to inform you on our privacy policies, we provide this information explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
on our website.
Our registered office is:
10a Christina Street, London, EC2A 4PA
By using our Site, users agree that they consent to:
- When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you provided consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting: Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal basis for processing:
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
- Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one more specific purposes; and
- Processing of the user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of the user, steps before entering into a contract or for the performance of a contract to which the user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract, the contract will not be completed and cancelled.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you in the following ways:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.stepneyworkersclub.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering for an account on our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- When you use our site, we may gather information automatically, for example, IP address, clicked links and content viewed and data non-automatically when you perform certain functions on our Site, like your name, date of birth, your email address, delivery and billing addresses and your phone number, IP address, clicked links and content viewed etc. This can be when you place an order, create an account, sign up for a discount or a newsletter or enter one of our competitions. Any information you hand over from your account or checkout pages reaches us fully encrypted through an SSL - a special security layer added to your account and checkout pages. On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online or on behalf of another person and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's name, address and phone number.
What information don’t we collect?
Credit/Debit Card Information - we use a third-party payment processor to handle this information securely. None of your Credit/Debit card information is stored anywhere on this site or by S.W.C
How do we use your information?
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Name & Address; to send you your purchases from our site.
- Email address; to send you order confirmations, updates, delivery progress and refund updates. We
would also use your email address for newsletters and offers etc. if you opt in to receive these.
- Phone number; to send update texts regarding delivery information. We may also use your number to contact you if there are any issues with your order. We will never use your phone number for any other purpose.
- Date of Birth; to ensure we provide the best products and shopping experience for you.
- Password; this is your unique security to access your account, your orders, your account preferences and to enable you to edit as and when you wish.
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order, such as providing the delivery address to a third-party courier to deliver your purchase.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it.
- If it is required for any legal proceedings
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another third-party site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
NEWSLETTER AND MARKETING MATERIAL
We want to make sure that we only contact you if you want to hear from us. Ticking the box to opt-in or adding your email address to our newsletter request form will mean that you are signed up to receive our emails. However, if you do change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive the S.W.C newsletter, new product launches or offers, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any emails you receive from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
There are essentially 3 different types of cookies that we use on stepneyworkersclub.com.
- Essential cookies - These cookies allow you to browse the S.W.C website, search for products, add & save items to your basket.
- Non-essential cookies - These cookies help improve your experience on the site by allowing us to make alternative individual preferences. We use these cookies to show alternative product suggestions based on which products you view. We use these cookies to show alternative international stores and currencies based on your previous preferences.
- Analytics and Marketing cookies - Analytics cookies monitor how you use our site and help us identify areas where we can improve the site. Marketing cookies are used when you visit the site via our emails or via other partner sites (affiliates) and gave us visibility of how you found our site.
If you wish, you can set up your computer so that it rejects cookies, and you will find instructions on how
to do this at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that in doing so, in common with other online shopping sites, this may impact some of the functionality of our site.
Links to third party sites
The minimum age to use our website is 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal
information from children under the age of 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child un 16 years old, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years old has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact the privacy officer.
We sometimes work with other companies, called third-party ad servers, to serve advertisements on
our behalf. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. At the time of issuing this statement we do not currently operate these retargeting campaigns, but we will update this policy with the third party details if we commence any campaigns in
the future. These third-party ad servers place cookies on the browsers of visitors to its website and may send its own cookies to the visitors' cookie file. The cookies will allow the ad server to apply its Personalized Retargeting technology and to serve Personalized banners; the Cookie is a means by which information relating to internet activity is recorded; Criteo will collect and use this data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to laws governing privacy, and data protection); The data collected and used by these third parties is at its sole discretion will only contain non-personal data. This data will be anonymous and will not contain the name, address, telephone number, email address or IP address of the visitors.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your rights and how you can access or correct any of your information
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we have disclosed your personal data, if you would like your personal data deleted or modified in some way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our Privacy Officer via the details below.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to exercise your rights regarding the data we hold about you. You have the right to:
- Ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- Ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you (as per our the " Newsletter and Marketing Material" section above).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Protecting your data is of the highest importance to S.W.C. If you have any questions about how S.W.C uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Or alternatively, write to us at:
S.W.C. Stepney Workers Club Limited
10a Christina Street
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in our contact information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to the supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioners Office in the UK.